eHG presented at the August 10th HIMSS Virtual Conference on ICD-10.
The Virtual Event was well attended and all five sessions were well received.
eHGs Founder, Dan Erler, a member of the ICD-10/5010 Playbook committee presented at the: “Understanding the Past to Excel in the Future: Critical Factors for Success” session. The session agenda included:
Many questions were addressed concerning the ICD-10 such as: Why ICD-10?
ICD-10 provides more specific data than ICD-9 (CMS) and:
Some Key CMS ICD-10 Implementation – Key Outreach Findings included:
• Knowledge of ICD-10 is low in small organizations
• Understanding of V.5010 is extremely low
• Knowledge is noticeably higher among larger provider, payer and vendor organizations
• Many have already begun to plan for the transition
• Small health plans initially took a “wait-and see” approach
• Awareness is building, but they still face challenges
• Budget, resources
• They expect CMS and vendors to inform them about the transition and what to do